2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, May 26, 2014

May 25, 2014



How comes the packing and everything with the house? Is it going really
good and are the kids happy to be able to move or not?

This week that we had was nothing super crazy to report. For three of the
days we had to drive down to the pep-boys that is in Buford just to get our
oil changed. Which ended up just being a huge mess and involved me buying a
part for the car just so we could get it done. I swear mechanics can be so
dumb sometimes. We also went on exchanges with the Zone leaders this week
as well. None of us are the district leader, but we are the only Spanish
elders in the zone. And one of the Zone Leaders just got changed from
Spanish, so he likes to go out with us so he can use his language.  during
that exchange I was in their area for the day. It was really weird being
English all day long. I was excited to go back to my area. The worst part
was at dinner the member  prepared a fancy dinner with several forks and
spoons and stuff. And i was so lost! I had to ask her when i use what fork
and stuff. Because i am just so used to eating with my hands or using a
tortilla I get lost when it comes to that stuff. In the end though it all
worked out and i was able to eat my food.

Also on exchange we knocked into this Catholic guy. he was not interested
in our message but we talked to him for a little while. He said he love to
do all kinds of marathons and to help out with them. He then started
talking about how important it is to stop at all the support stations along
the way. because if you miss even one it is nearly impossible to get those
nutrients back.   And i really got to thinking that it is just like how
life is. To can put that same kind of advice into you spiritual needs. That
if you miss even one day, it can be nearly impossible to get back on what
you missed. We need to take those stops every day, and get the nutrients
from god that our spirits need to be able to stay strong on this race of
life. Even if sometimes we think " I feel strong right now, ill just skip
this one and make sure to stop at the next one." That right there is were
most people will fall, cause they have not the strength to make it to that
next " support station" Not taking EVERY support station in our lives it
could very well end the race for us and then all that hard work up until
then would just be wasted and in vain. So its so important that every day
we got to the well of Christ so that we can partake of that "Living water"
of which the Savior spoke. And if we do so, we will be able to withstand
any difficulty that may enter our lives. (Helaman 5:12)

So there is my week and my little spiritual thing as well. Its been a long
while since i have done something like that. Maybe i will start that up
again. But dont quote me on that.

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Lamb
P.s. Here is a picture i took

No comments:

Post a Comment