2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014



week in a highlight...

So this week was a great week. I had my first district meeting where i hosted it. It was all planned at so well. All the time was filled, all the points that needed to be touched were there and the training's and role plays all had their time ready to go. It looked so good planned out on my sticky note. But me and my memory, well lets just says that sticky note did me allot of good sitting on my desk back at home. So the meeting went on a wing and a lot of prayers. So in the end the it did end up good, not as good as it could have been but still went well for a first time.

This week we saw allot of help from the members. We had members out with us almost every day this past week. Having members coming out with us helps so much. Because we have good use of the language but they have complete command of the language. So it helps to have them when we cant explain something as deep or in the way they need it explained. Also almost every member is a convert to the church so they have their own personal story and their own super strong testimony that they can share so to help the people come and understand Jesus Christ even more. Having the members going out and helping the missionary's is so important to the work. And also those referrals we get from members as well.
 
I also got the chance to do my first baptismal interviews as well this week. That was a very cool experience. The family's name is Cardoza. They are super awesome, it was so special to get the opportunity to meet them and to see their desire to follow Christ. The mom has gone through several hard spots in her life. She told me she had just barely got done praying to God to help her find a "home" when not 5 minuets later the Missionary's knocked on her door. And she knew that was gods answer that this was the "home" she was looking for. That is the best part of the mission, watching this people come unto Christ, or at the lest helping them to understand the savior that much more. This truly is the work of the lord. I can see his hand in every aspect of it. He is truly preparing people to hear this message and they are just waiting for this message. And as missionary's it is our sacred responsibility to bring this message to them. I love this work and its sad to think almost one year of it is over. But the good news is there is still one year left to go.

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Lamb

                                        here is a very badly placed fire hyrdrant

No comments:

Post a Comment