2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014


It is still very hot here and it sucks. But soon it will cool down. When i got here last October it was really nice, so i just got to survive till then! I hope cale will change schools, i told him he should do it cause Mountain ridge is a dump and i would have left had i had the chance. Not really, but maybe a good motivator. So i hope he will realize this is a time to start over and start new.  

Transfers!! Well this week ended up being a big shock for me, me and my comp were pretty positive we were going to stay together, but then last Tuesday right in the middle of my studies I got the call. The call from the assistance's that i will be training a new missionary that will be coming in. So I had to go to a trainers meeting with the president and start studying the 12 week book again and everything! It has been overwhelming to get that call and that responsibility. But then if that was not enough when we got the call to find out where my current comp is going I got another call! I guess the Lord thought training was just not enough, so now i get to be the District Leader as well. So needless to say the amount of responsibility has gotten much heavier. But I know this is a test the Lord is giving me to see if I will "arise from the dust, and be a man" or shrink before it. I know it is going to take allot of hard work and patience and just basically everything i got to do it, but i feel very honored to be so trusted by the Lord. Im very ready to rise up, and not shrink.

This week was a bit tougher for us, in every sense of the word. But we still had great miracles in the end. so on Saturday we were sitting in the car trying to figure out what to do cause our planned lesson was not home. We were looking at our planners and saw we both had the street name Kings ct written down. No house numbers or name or nothing. Just the street. So we figured it is where we were to go. so we went, and as we were just about to get there we past a less active family house who were have tried countless times to visit. And low and behold they were out side! we were like "this, this is why we needed to come here" so we went back shared a short message and then set up a return appointment. We went back with a member and found out that the dad has big doubts in the BOM and asked us how we knew it was true. So we shared testimony. It went great and we have another appointment with them this next Sunday. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Also as a spiritual note, I have been reading in Moroni 7 this week. 3 days and im only to verse 10. But its so cool, At one point it said "no evil man bringith any good gift" Which made me thing "what is it to bring a "good gift" but then i though more deeply, what does the word Good mean? And what truly is a Gift? so through much pondering and looking through scriptures I found some of my answers. The word Good, I found to mean. That it always points back to Christ and shows his teachings. so a evil man will NEVER point unto Christ. And a Gift for what i found is something freely given for the betterment of others and never ourselves. So also I learned that All good gifts come from god. So can we ever truly give a Good Gift to another If EVERY GOOD GIFT is from God himself? I thought no, but we can most defiantly share our Gifts. and i compared it to the Light of Christ. We can give no man this gift cause it is not ours to give. But we can most defiantly share it with others. So that they may see it and desire it for themselves. So my invitation is let us share the gifts we have, and let us use them to bless the lives of others so they may see and desire the same gifts we have, which gifts our father in heaven has prepared for ALL that will come unto him.   

Permita que la luz de cristo more en tigo
Elder Lamb 

No comments:

Post a Comment