2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, September 1, 2014

September 1, 2014- Happy Hump Day!


This last week was another super hot one for us down here in Georgia an several of the days i wore long sleeve shirts because i felt like being "Classy" it was a dumb move on my part but at least i felt like a classy dude. We did allot of finding this week because most of our people fell through because the dads did not want to hear anymore. I wish the fathers would be more open to listen, but its the struggle.

This week I was able to do the baptism interviews for the other elders in our branch. It was of two young kids. 12 and 8 but they were really excited to get baptized and the 12 year old is really excited to pass the sacrament.  Their service was really good and went very smooth. This week though the Ramirez family fell off date for baptism, once again the father is holding the family back. He is not ready and does not want them to go ahead with out him. So we are just going to keep visiting and teaching the lessons so we can help him feel more ready. So hopefully before i leave this area they will get baptized. 

One small miracle we saw this week was that we received some referrals from other missionarys. We received 6 of them, 4 with an address 2 with out. So we went out to contact the ones with addresses. The miracles we saw were not crazy, not huge or miraculous. They were that 3 out of the 4 places let us in and teach a little. Only one showed some interest, but we realized how those who even just listen are little miracles. I also learned this week something super cool. I was reading D & C 6 and it talks about that hose who share a blessed no matter whether the people receive you or not. In verse 21 Jesus says how is is the son of God, the same that came unto his own and his own received him not. So it got me thinking. If him being the son of God got rejected by his own how much more being just regular people are we going to be rejected by the people. But that does not mean we should be discouraged, because Jesus had success in his ministry. So that mean us as his Disciples will have success if we just keep going in faith. And if we do all we can we have not failed, but we are blessed. Because we have done what we were called and asked to do, and sometimes just that feeling of knowing you did your part is all the reward you need to know what you are doing is correct.

I know this week the 3rd of September will be the day i will hit half way. Its a mixed feeling, but i think the stronger of the two is that i only get to do this full time for another year. I truly love missionary work, I love serving the lord, I love the blessings others receive from my labors both here in Georgia and back at home. Ive seen the lives of those i love be blessed and i know that if I was there, i could never help them near as much as the lord blesses them because im serving. The Lord takes care of those you love when you serve him.

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Lamb     


No comments:

Post a Comment