2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

February 16, 2015-Prayer



This last week had some very good days. last Wednesday we had our Zone Conference. Well now i think of it more as zone meeting with the President there. Because it is only one zone instead of two or three. Its lame this way because it was always nice to get to see some of your old buddy's in other zones, but what can you do?  At the meeting we learned allot of great things. One of the things we learned is a new way of how to teach. The way we learned is that we should just use the pictures in the pamphlets. Its a very simple way to teach it seems like it might not work, but it does! Its so simple we might think it is to easy, but is not the Gospel simple and easy to understand? That is the lovely part of the Restored Gospel, is the simplicity of it. I believed that this way would work and it did!

So on Sunday we went over to see our investigator named Franklin Acosta. He is a 17 year old boy who is from Honduras. His story is cool. He does not speak any English because he got here like a month ago. He walked for 3 months from Honduras to get here to america to work and help his family. He works all day in construction. Its crazy to see how people will do anything to get here. But this was our second lesson with him and we taught the Gospel to him. We used the pamphlet of this lesson to teach him. I thought at first it was going good, but then about 3/4ths of the way through I started to rethink and almost changed the style. But i did not, I just kept teaching the way I learned. Then with that faith to keep going we saw the blessings. He opened up completely, telling how he told God that if he got to America he would find his way to him, he then said how he wants to be an example to his family so they can come closer together and follow correct paths. The whole time he was just crying saying this is what he wanted. So we extended the date for the 21st of March for his baptism and he excepted. I am so excited to be able to teach him and help him keep his promise to god. Plus he is living with a Super solid member so he will have help there as well :)

Also on Saturday Josie was able to get baptized! The lady from Puerto  Rico that elder Roberts and I started teaching in Lawrenceville. She was able to keep that date we had extended and was able to be baptized on Valentine's day. Im super happy for her! She was so prepared it was incredible. Sadly I did not get to go to the baptism but either way she was able to come unto Christ. So in the end I will be able to see her on the other side. Also the other family I taught for 3 months over there is going to finally get baptized next month. So I am just super excited! and one more thing. Last year in my first area Elder Henson and I found a lady named Liliana she came to church 3 times and then I left the area, she did not get baptized then because she had to work to much and then she moved and they lost her. But I just found out the elders there knocked into her new house and got her back to church and she and her family are getting baptized next month as well. It just comes to show we are always planting seeds no matter whether we get to see the fruits or not they will always come. 

Con Una Sonrisa
Elder Lamb         
p.s.  I am in the Norcross area, Im not the district leader over here. Its really weird to go from Spanish leader thing, district leader, senior comp, and the designated driver so basically go from allot of responsibility to not being any leader, Junior comp and just riding passenger. Its been really weird. 

Will you pray for Vedel, especially that he will get a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I would appreciate it allot!

No comments:

Post a Comment