2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, March 2, 2015

February 22, 2015



 I miss that chili and rice, one of my favorite things is the world! i also really like corn tortillas now as well. We will have to add that to the recipe. Man cale looks so much bigger! He looks like he has done allot of growing in this last year and a half. I heard he is now running track. Im happy for him, I liked it allot. I wish I would have done it through the rest of high school and not just the first year. 

This week it was freezing!! For like 3 days it did not get over 30 and we had a wind chill, it was horable! Cause I am just so stinkin skinny that the cold just cuts right to my soul it feels like! I can only put on so many items of clothing before I just cant fit anymore! But I mean im writing this letter so I obviously survived the super cold weather. One morning me and my comp went running and it was 10 degrees! needless to say we did not run long :) 

All the cold weather really effected the work this week as well. People did just not want to open their door, and if they did they did not want to keep it open very long. So once again we were not able to find any new investigators this week, we did get into a couple homes but the people were like "Na, were good"  thats not what they said, but it can be interpreted as such. But the end of the week is when the blessings really started coming. The first was we had dinner at a members house and in that house there is a mom and her daughter that are not baptized. Many missionaries have worked with them but nothing (the funny thing is she got a calling in the branch on sunday) but any way I felt like for our message we should just share the story of Joseph Smith. So we shared it and bore our testimonies. At the end the non member was crying, the spirit was really strong in there home. I think that her time is getting really close, so we are going to start talking to them and bring those little messages so soon she will choose to be baptized.

Then Sunday we went to our ward mission leaders house and had breakfast with them and then afterwards we taught Franklin the Plan of Salvation. He just ate it up, he already knew so much about Adam and Eve and said the story of them just made sense. He liked knowing where his grandpa is and he wants to be baptized so he can go to the temple and go the work for him as well. It was such an awesome lesson, especially after a hard week. It just made me think how much I love sharing the Gospel with people and seeing their lives change. Im going to work my hardest to have as many lessons like that before i go home and things like this just aren't as common. Then at the end of church he asked at what time his baptism will be, because the youth want to know so they can be there when it happens. So awesome! 

I love being a missionary, I dont regret a single minute of it. It is the best thing I have ever done and I would not trade it for anything. I know who ever chooses this path has made the best choice for them and all the people who they will help and if they serve with love they will feel the same way I do right now. I love my mission with all my heart!

we cant change the past, but we can change the future and it starts with what we choose today. so lets change the future for the better.

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment