2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, March 23, 2015

March 16, 2015



Sickenss...

to start off it was not me that got sick so dont worry. 

So this week for the last 4 days we have not really been able to do anything. My Companion has been really sick with the flu. we just stayed inside all day until the evening. We would go to dinner than go out with our team up for the evening. It was hard for him to leave the apartment, but he knew i needed to go to the dinners because i had eaten most of my food out of bordem during the day :) All i did was text the few investigators I know, eat, listen to music and sleep. Needless to say I am super sick of our apartment. Like I dont even want to look at it. Im just tired of being there. 

But this week was not a complete bust! The Lord in his infinite wisdom knew he would get super sick and gave us the best Tuesday every! So we did not get out till 12 because he was just starting to get sick so he took a tiny nap then we left, but oh how the lord is merciful! So I had chosen this one place to tract, but we went to this other place for some reason. I just felt like we should go so i said nothing. While tracking we found a lady named Ashley, we talked to her for a while. She had a book of Mormon and read all the way to Alma! we talked for a little longer and then we left her with several places to read in and then set up to meet at the church the next day for a church tour.

Then later that day with our team up we went and visited a guy named Brian. This same guy I met almost 9 months ago when I was serving in the Spanish branch here. We went back and taught him the restoration. He has many questions but he truly seeks the truth. It is crazy how after all this time I am still here and can now actually teach him because im in the English ward! 

But the biggest blessing/ miracle was a referral we received from church Head quarters named Mark Hymen. when we first called him we thought that someone was just trying to bash with us because he wanted us over that night. So we asked him how he came to know of the church. He said he was looking for a way to find God. And when he was in high school he had a good friend who was Mormon who had made a big impact on him. And over the years he has had several really good Mormon friends. He said God keeps putting Mormons in his life and thinks maybe its a sign. So we went over and taught the restoration. He is one of the most prepared people i have met on my mission. he is so open to the message and willing to do his part to know. He then told us he had gone on Mormon.org and requested the missionaries himself! like who does that?! we left him with several scriptures to read and a few days latter we asked him how they were and he responded. " i got from them is that i should not believe anything at face value, but that i should always ask God to know the truth." Like if this man is not prepared then I dont know who is. We will be teaching him tomorrow and we are going to give him a baptismal date for April.  

AS hard as it has been to change to English, I know the Lord always prepares the people to hear the message. And if we have faith an do all we can the blessings will come.

We do have 3 Spanish companionship's in our zone, but only one set is the district leader, so we can only go with them. 

Also the Suarez family got baptized on Saturday. Sadly my comp would not let us go because we have no investigators that speak Spanish, i was a little annoyed. But it was ok, as long as they got baptized i did not care. all that matters is they make it to the celestial kingdom. I can see them there. also Franklin is still getting baptized this weekend, he is such a wonderful young man. Im so excited for him. Wont be able to be there either, but same thing goes for him and with the Suarez :)  

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment