2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014


Sorry this is so late, we have been doing service all day.

Well it is official. I am leaving Gainesville. I have been here since February 12. so about 4 1/2 months. It is going to be sad to leave this area, i have come to love the members here and the people. There is also allot of hispanics so it was always easy to find people to talk to. But on the bright side i am going back to my fist companionship in over 4 months! Even better this elder just got done being trained so he does not know allot of spanish. So it will be up to me to carry the lesson and to speak with the people. So i am super excited, cause now i will be the more experienced Elder in the companionship. SO my Spanish will be able to get allot better much quicker because i will have no one to fall back on. cause i will be the fall back. Im really excited to be this exciting new part of my mission. It will have trails and hardships but i know the rewards will be awesome and far out weigh them. 

This last week has been one of our better ones. We had a good exchange this week with our District leader. Where we got the idea to start teaching the members the lessons. So we taught several members the lessons. Which ended up great! because one of the members we taught the first lesson brought 2 of his friends to church this last sunday! we were able to get a return appointment with one of them who really liked church and I think will go forward. we also found this 17 year old girl knocking doors the other day and she told us she would meet the english elders at the church for a tour of it. So we did not know what happened with her and kinda forgot. but then on saturday we were knocking doors there again and she came up to us and apologized. But told us she had read what we left with her, then her mom came out and we talked with her as well. They are both going to come to church this sunday as well. 

For one more thing, yesterday we went to a different church called "Free Chapel"  It is a super church that is around these parts. The music was really loud and it was a really cool concert to be able to go to. But really that is all that it was, a concert. The pastor did share a message out of Acts 13. I had brought in my Bible so i turned to the chapter and even before he said what verse I leaned to my company and told him "its going to be verse 44" And i was totally correct! It was really funny.

I will let ya know how everything goes in my next area. I will tell you in my next week letter!

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment