2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14, 2014


The Dominican Republic and Cuba...

Don't know what it is but i feel picked up the wrong mission call, not cause i don't love my mission but because i can only get people from these two country's (especially the Dominican Republic) to listen to anything i have to say and then let us come back. Just this week we found 3 people from Cuba and 5 from the DR hat are letting us come back and teach. Also remember Tulio is from the DR as well.  So i believe they just wrote the wrong country on it, so Gods letting me find all the Dominicans that live here as a compensate :)
 
So about these family's we found, 2 of the Dominicans were a referral from the Zone Leaders, so we stopped by one evening. they were out side and started talking to them, one of my favorite parts though is that about 5 min in he stopped me and asked where i was from. I told him Utah, he was surprised. He though i was from Puerto Rico or some other country with whiter people. So that made me happy. Then also he knew Tulio, so i guess he is popular down there. But we had a good lesson and the Husband really felt the spirit and we are going back in a couple of days. The other Dominicans that we found were people we found my first week in this area. we decided to go visit a member. as we went in this area we remembered some lady we talked to that first week. so we went by and the husband answered. we told him who we are and we ad been by before. We asked if we could come in and share a message. he said yes. It went great! we are going back to them this week as well.

 The Cuban family we found is not in our area but still awesome. We were on exchange ( I was in the English area, on bike. thought i was going to die) And we were just walking and stopped to talk to them. we talked and then they said something in Spanish to each other, so then i started talking in Spanish. they were really nice and awesome. And as we were getting ready to leave the mom told her son to give us some money. We tried to refuse but he was not having that. so finally he said "If you don't take it ill be offended" so We gave up and took it. But don't worry we gave it to the mission office for the mission fund. Like good little Elders :/  

Other than all this the week was filled with knocking doors again, not much changes. But i do finally truly feel that the morning of this LONG night is very close. Like the saying says "Its always darkest right before the dawn."

My health is doing just fine, Only twice have i been sick my whole mission and they only lasted like 6 hours. so im doing fine. I eat oatmeal every morning, not the 1 min quick stuff but the good stuff. so no problems here.

Con Mucho Amor 
Elder Lamb

 P.s did you get all those pictures i sent? 

No comments:

Post a Comment