2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October 13, 2014


Thats a cool experience to be able to go to that, cool to meet the leaders of the state. I wish you the best of luck with soccer. You couched basketball well, so i bet youll be fine with soccer. also happy birthday grandpa Lamb!! Sorry thats late but cant change Pday. A better letter will be there eventually, but i need the address. Also i need all your health card info and your social security stuff. So i dont know if you just want to call sister residori and get the number from her and set it up so you dont have to send all that sensitive stuff. Any time after this Friday would work for us. I heard yall are going to have allot of snow this year, im bummed i wont be there so go snowboarding so it better be good next year.  

the work moving forward...

These last several weeks especially this last have been some of the best and most stressful i have had. On the great hand Sister Martinez is so ready for baptism. When we taught the word of wisdom she was drinking coffee, but as soon as we told her she said she would stop. Then when we taught her last night she told us she had been very tempted several times but she knew the lord would help her, so she still has not drank coffee and she told us how she throw away all the coffee they had so she would not have any temptations in her home. She also told us how somebody tried to get her to stop listening with some anti stuff, but she said she knows what we are teaching is good and it does not matter what they say. She even stopped being friends with one of those people because of it. It is so amazing how the Lord truly prepares people to hear this message and then protects them. With faith all things are possible. 

On the other hand the stressful part has been trying to find new people to teach. With transfers coming up and being pretty sure im leaving I am doing all that i can to try to find new investigators and people for my son (the missionary im training) and who ever comes in to teach, so they dont just have to knock doors all day. Im just giving it my all because i remember when i was in Gainesville with no one to teach. And i dont want anyone to go through that.  So me and my son are knocking, following up and getting referrals like we are just starting in the area. We need the help of the Lord in order to leave this place in the standing that we want it to be. we keep seeing small miracles come forth from the Lord to find people to at lest listen, and we know with time we will find those prepared to accept. Im not to sure if I will just get switched to the other area here in this branch or go to a different part of the mission, all i know is i am not staying in this apartment with my same companion. But before I go I want to leave this area how I would want to find it. My experiences have really helped me to want to make things better for others so they do not have to go through what I have. Hopefully Im developing Christ like love :)

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment