2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20, 2014-Baptirm

Baptism....

As that little introduction states we had a baptism!! yes Sister Martinez got baptized this last Friday and confirmed yesterday. My son Elder Farr got to go into the font and do the actual ordinance of baptism, but then i got to confirm her. Which in my opinion is the better of the two anyway. But it was very exciting for us, we prayed very hard in every prayer we have said since the beginning of September that we would be able to find someone who was ready for the gospel and would get baptized this month. It is a strong testimony to me that God really does answer prayers especially if it is for a worthy cause. It also helped me to see that I am able to lead an area and see success. All the other Baptisms in which i have participated, I was always the Junior companion. Not leading the area or the lesson plans or anything. But it has been very cool to see that I can lead an area  and we can still have success, because i have learned what to do and can just do it. We will have transfers next week and I am excited to see what happens, because i have learned i am ready to just go out and do it because i know how to lead and how to work. So if i do end up going to a new area I will be completely ready for it.

Other than that this week was just full of follow up appointment and trying to find new people in which to teach. I am really excited for this area, good things are really starting to happen. Yesterday we found a lady (who is white) who speaks Spanish ( she married a Hispanic) and is a less active. She invited us to come over and share a message with her and her family some day this week. So we hope both a reactivation and baptisms from this and also a random Hispanic called us and asked if he could help us teach English class and then he said he is looking for a new church and wants to come early to the class so we can give him a tour of the church. So we are hoping great things out of this as well.

This sums up the week nicely, till next time

Siga adelante

Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment