2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2015



Happy New Year!! 2015 has finally arrived! super wierd that i will be seeing yall in person this year! Man how time just fly's by. So just quick update on one of my new years goals, The one about writing in my journal at least 3 times a week. Its going good, Ive already written more times this month than last month (that might explain how bad i am at it ) 

But the week started good with an exchange with the Zone Leaders. I stayed in my area for the day (which is what i want) We had good tracting experiences, said allot of prayers with the people on the door step. That is always super cool, just a nice little time in which we can share the spirit with them. Then that night we had a lesson with the Suarez family at a members home, but the member failed to inform us she was going to be having a party that night, so we really had to teach a short powerful lesson. It was on temples and eternal family's, all we did is ask the member to share how the temple has blessed their family, and other questions. But it was really just the member teaching and answering her questions (like it should be) But it was a good lesson. We are really praying and fasting that they will get their answer this month, so they can be baptized before it ends. 

Then I went on exchange with the Gainesville Spanish elders again, We had a good time, and some very interesting tracting experiences :/ But the next day was super awesome. We went to a place called "Good News At Noon" its kinda like a homeless shelter. We went and served food to the people that showed up, we met some very awesome people that came to help that really should just be Mormons, but one day. It was cool to do service like that again. i cant wait to do those kinda things when I go home. Then we went to the McDonald's they have up there, this one is special because it is one of three in the country at which you can build your own burger. And the stuff you put on it is actually real stuff! it was super good and really cool, hopefully one day yall will be able to try it. Then we visited one of my favorite members who is really sick. This man is such an inspiration, he still cracked jokes and had his smile on like he did when he was fine. And he remembered me when I walked in, he asked "are you back?" I had to say no, but I had come to visit him. It was hard to not shed a tear at some times, but it was good. 

  Thats great news about work! I had actually thought about you trying to work with Steve and his group. I thought of some other Ideas for more in the future. But I will save those till I go home, Ill need to get some connections to make it work.  

Also over in the draper 16th ward there is a Family Named the Arbon family. Their daughter is the girl in picture making the flexing pose. yall should go meet them.  

Over all this week was very good and renewing, I cant wait for this coming transfer, It is going to be a time of complete start over. To change my nature and who I am so I can be more like him that sent me, so I can be a better representative of him.

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Lamb  

P.s. on Saturday we played soccer with some investigators and less actives, but it was raining and super muddy. But that did not stop us!

No comments:

Post a Comment