2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015- A work of Love


A work of Love...

That is one of the many things that I learned this week. The past week has been full of revelation and inspiration. Conference was a big part, but also the days leading up to it. I focused on really preparing for General conference this past weekend. I prayed deeply for answers and I did what I could to prepare myself for the revelation I was looking for. And God in his infinite mercy gave me the answers I was looking for. But ill talk more about that in a minuet.

So one of the highlights of the week is that I got to go on exchange with the Riverside Spanish elders. Which if you dont remember that is where i served for 7.5 months. so needless to say I was excited to go to my old area. The exchange started off with the famous "pillow talk" Needless to say it was late before we fell asleep. But it was good, he needed it. The next morning we had good studies and a good lunch. Then we went tracting in the complex. As we were walking we ran into this 17 year old kid heading to the pool. So we started talking to him. He said his family just moved up here from Florida. We talked to him and asked if we could come meet his family, he said "how about right now"? so we went and meet them. they are from the Dominican Republic. So we spoke Spanish with them, they were really open to listen. We set up a return time for Friday. we left a blessing on the home and then left. Later that night we ate with one of my favorite families of the branch, the Lupercio's. Then we went and taught the Plan of Salvation to some of their investigators. We used the "because he lives" video to explain the atonement and what it can do. The spirit was SO strong. I really do miss the Hispanic people and I miss Spanish, I truly believe it is the language of the spirit. But the most comforting thing that happened is i learned that my Spanish is fine, almost better than it was when I was serving in Spanish! I really needed to know that. So that was an answer to that question. 

Then came General Conference. I was so excited, but kinda sad at the same time. Because this was my last conference in the mission, next time ill be home. But every talk I truly feel was for me. All my questions were answered and received so much instruction on life and on my work to be done. to relate this back to the tittle to is one thing that I learned. Here in my new area we have been struggling to teach and to find interested people. it has been stressing me, because our number have been really low. And with us being the Zone Leaders we are suppose to be setting the example. And in interviews with our Prez, he told us our Zone will only go as high as we are. And that stressed me out, because I want all this missionaries to reach their potential. And from what he said, they wont be able to if I dont set the bar higher. So I have been trying to do more and make our numbers higher. But in that attempt they have just gotten lower. Then while we were watching Conference, I dont remember what talk but I do remember what I heard. "This work is not a work of numbers, but a work of love" It was a truth so simple, but a truth I had forgotten during the whirlwinds of everything else. Working for love is how I have served my whole mission and have always had success. But because of all that had been going on I forgot the most important element of the work, Love. The only way Jesus had ever served was with love. All he did was because of love for us and his father. 

So I have decided to just forget the way I may look to the world through my numbers, but I will focus on how the world sees how I love. Cause if they feel love, then the miracles will come.   Im grateful for modern Prophets and Apostles that receive revelation for the world. I know if we humbly follow them we will never leave the path that leads to eternal life. That path is not smooth nor easy, but what kind of path would it be if it was? how could we ever become stronger? how could we learn to trust if we could always see the light? The path is not easy, but it is worth it. That much I know.

Con confianza en el Dios que me ama
Elder Lamb

P.s. that boy I talked about, the elders did go back to teach him of Friday. And he understood everything, he loves the message of the restoration and is excited to keep learning. He said he had prayed 3 weeks ago to be able to move to Georgia because he felt it would be better for him and then randomly 2 weeks later they moved here. He also so he told us he did not know why he walked the way he was when we found him. (because it is the long way to the pool) all he knew is he felt that he should go that way. then he ran into us. God truly is a God of miracles that does know us and guide us.    

No comments:

Post a Comment