2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20, 2015-Prodigal "sun"


The Prodigal "sun" has returned...

To explain the title, to day is the first day in a week that I have seen the sun. Like literally! the clouds have completely covered the sky for the past week. it has been raining like crazy as well! It felt very claustrophobic for the past week, the cloud were really low clouds as well so it did not help :) But this past week has been interesting and awesome!

So on Wednesday the new Elders moved into our complex. We now have 3 companionship's that live there! Its so awesome to have so many people. Every morning we all go out on a run. I like having Elders instead of Sisters in my area. Because I can actually do things with them, so its awesome! 

Thank you for your email, It was very inspirational and I appreciated it allot. It is about doing what I need to do. Maybe my success will be found in helping the Missionaries here reach their potential, more than it will be baptizing. Because Indirectly I would be baptizing if I can help the missionaries baptize more. Thank you for your letter. 

This last week we were able to teach our investigator named Delawn. He is a 16 year old kid who is really good friends with a recent convert. We went and retaught lesson one. It was cool to see how much he remembered. It went well. talking and laughing up till the story of Joseph Smith. Then from there on out the Spirit was there constantly. It was a very warming experience to have. He then was able to come to church with his friend yesterday. He enjoyed it and I know he will like it even more as he gets more friends.

Besides that lesson I think the highlight of the week was Saturday. We were able to go team up with the Fire department and Red Cross and be able to go install smoke alarms in peoples homes. Well their trailers, we did this "smoke alarm blitz" in a trailer park. I was the team captain. (only because I had been team caption before) and I was the only one on the team that spoke Spanish. Which was necessary this time around. Out of the 13 homes we got into 9 of them were Hispanics. So I had to get us into the home and talk to the people and explain what we were doing. It is such a blessing to be able to speak Spanish!  I dont think I could have learned a more useful language. It was so fun being able to talk to all the people and get to know them and joke around. I am so excited to be able to do things like this back at home. There is just no other feeling like that which you get when you do service for others. It was awesome!

Also on Saturday as we were leaving a members home we got stuck in their yard. Because of the super wet ground we just sunk. We had to break up some branches and put them under the tires to get traction. We looked like idiots and to make it worse we had an audience across the street watching. So now the probably think were idiots as well :)   

Esto es todo, con mucho amor
Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment