2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, May 4, 2015

April 27, 2015



The week of trial and revelation...

This week was very hard week for the work, but I dont think I have learned and grown at any point in my mission than I have than in this week. 

It all started this past Monday when we had dinner at the shaw's home. The shaw's are an older couple in the ward. They asked how much time we had left in the mission. My comp has about 10 months and I have less than 4. So of course the question every old missionary gets "so what are you going to do when you get home?" "are you going to go to school?" I said i was going to, but not right when I get home. Because I get home Thursday and school starts Monday. Then brother Shaw started telling the story of him going home and how he had 7 days between getting home and going to school. He also started talking about the importance of getting into a schedule when you go home. He said it is then that you will be tested. to see if the habits you had on your mission are yours or only something you did on you mission. Such as studding the scriptures, giving service, sharing the gospel, attending church, etc. The whole time he was talking the spirit was there, testifying that everything he was saying was true and that it was stuff I needed to evaluate. It was very powerful and I from that point decided to make changes and re-decide what I want to do. So i got to start getting collage papers in order!

then as the week went on it was a great test of faith the whole time, just trusting that if we did what we needed to do blessings would come. on Friday we were able to get in with Delon and briefly go over the plan of salvation. It was a very short and powerful lesson. He is not yet on date but very soon. 

Sunday was the best day of the week i think. We had a very good sacrament meeting, one of the talks was on faith and hope and she shared very enlightening words and comments. we also had the very special chance to teach the primary! we taught the restoration in sharing time, it was a very good experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it. the evening how ever was the best part. So the night before we had prayed very earnestly to know which members to visit so we could get a referral of someone to teach. It started with our dinner. we decided to share about being a successful missionary. the members wife shared her true feelings about being a missionary. She said for the past 60 years she has been trying to share the gospel and nobody has ever been baptized or progressed far from her efforts. she said she felt like she was just a seed planter. We were able to testify of how the seed planters are just as important as the harvesters. I learned in that moment the importance of just planting seeds and If thats all we do we should be proud. Then we went to another members and he ended up sharing with us how he has had testimony problems. he goes to church but admitted he does not read from the Book of Mormon like he should. In that lesson I learned many thing that I cant explain, but i know half the reason we were there was so I could hear what was said. as we were driving home we were kinda bummed because we did not get a referal, and right as we said that the phone rang. It was a member telling us they had a friend who was very interested in taking the missionary lessons and learning more. though we did not get the referral in the way we thought we would it still came none the less. If we do what we feel inspired to do the Lord will bless us.

Se que esta es la obra del Senor, no lo mio
Con Mucho Amor
Elder Lamb
P.s. thanks for all the birthday wishes!





No comments:

Post a Comment