2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015- 4 weeks to go!



My favorite hymm is #112 (Savior, Redeemer of My Soul) its an awesome song.
the spirit is always super strong with it. It looks like yall had fun down
there. I am going to talk to them about sending the bike home tomorrow and
find out how much it will be.

Great week...

This week was a wonderful week! Tuesday we had a really good district
meeting. Talking about focusing on the Holy Spirit while we are teaching.
Cause you know, sometimes the teaching environment is not the idea
situation. But no matter what it may be like we just have to listen to the
spirit and the lesson can not be bad. If the people truly want to hear the
message and act on it, it does not matter what's going on. Because the
spirit will be there to bear witness of truth. We did an activity where
they covered my eyes and then someone had to guide me through an obstacle
course while all around me everyone was talking and trying to distract me.
So I had to "listen to the spirit" not withstanding all that was going on
around me. It was a great activity.

Wednesday we had a very interesting day. We went on an exchange with some
elders, we brought both of them to our area but they already had some stuff
set up in their area they needed to do. Like helping this hoarder lady
clean up some stuff. Yep that's right a hoarder lady. Luckily we did not go
inside, but the out side was bad enough. Elder Gosar and I got up on her
roof and sweeper the old leaves off for her. The house is so wrecked! But
it was good to help this lady that needed some help.

Thursday was great! We have been teaching the diamond family on and off for
the last several months. But we have meet with them every week for the past
month and they are doing great! They did their reading that we left with
them and had questions! So that was a huge step. We also brought a member
and his wife over to the lesson and that went great! At the end of the
lesson they invited the diamonds over for dinner this Thursday because they
are feeding us and they said they will be there and the member called them
on Saturday inviting them to church. They said they could not make it that
Sunday, but they will be there this week! They are doing great.

As well we meet with Kayla twice this week. We invited her to be
baptized on the 15th of August. She said she wants to pray about it and
then will let us know. So keep her in y'all's prayers that she will get her
answer.

We were able to go to a baptism for elder hiatts old investigator on
Saturday. That was cool because we got one of our investigators to take us.
He is so cool, he liked the service and on our way home he took us to
chipotle for lunch. That was awesome! Then later that day as well we had a
member girl ( Nichole Gregerson) meet us at an apartment complex so she
could get some practice knocking doors. She leaves on her mission in about
a month and a half. We are trying to get all the youth involved in the
work. With out sister missionaries though the women have not been able to
get out nearly as much. So we're trying our best to pick up the slack where
we can.

This was one of the best weeks of my mission and I'm so grateful I still
have some time to have more great weeks like this one. I know I am going to
miss my mission with all my heart, but I know I will never forget it and
all the people I have meet will still be here. This work is awesome and I
don't want to be anywhere else.

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment