2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 5, 2015



if you really want the bike set home, we can do that or there is a member here that might want to buy it if you just want that. I dont know if they will send the bike home for free. But i will ask.

continued blessings...

this week was a continuum of last weeks blessings. We were not able to see our people as much as we did the last week. But it was still a really awesome week. we were able to find 7 new investigators this week. That was a huge blessing, one of the goals i set for the rest of my mission is to be teaching at least 6 people regularly who are keeping commitments and doing what we ask of them. I feel like the possibility of having a baptism in this area is small. I still believe it can be done, but my goal is to at least make this area better than I found it and leave it in good shape for the Elder That takes my place. With all the blessings the Lord has been giving us i know that I will be able to at least reach that goal before I go home. 

I had done a study on goal setting this past week and I really felt impressed that it is something I really need to master before i go home. So I sat down this last week and set goals I want to reach the rest of my mission and goals I want to reach before the end of my first semester in school. It was really cool to set these goals and have a vision of something I want to do and become.

Friday and Saturday we the best days of the week. Friday we got a random call from our members asking us if we could go with them to give their friend a blessing in the hospital. This friend is someone they have been working with and have gotten to church once. It is a family of 9! the only problem was that the hospital was just a little out of the mission. So we called our mission president and explained the situation and he granted us permission, ya for obedience! the blessing went well and we were able to talk to him just a little bit.

Saturday was a great day. we had a lesson set up with bill at 9:30 in the morning and were having a hard time finding a team up for it. But we were able to get a member to come with us and it ended up being prefect! they had actually worked together in the prison. We had a good discussion on the last parts of the plan of salvation and he liked it but is still hesitant about coming to church. Soon, soon. Then after we got to go to the baptism of Joseph Bowle. he is someone me and elder Hiatt received as a referral but he lived WAY out of our area. but we contacted him and then gave his info to the elders in his area and he ended up getting baptized! it was super cool. We also got invited to attend by our mission President so we got to go. Then after Joseph came up to us and thanked us for contacting him that first day, he then bore his testimony to us and it was so sweet.

   The finally blessing id like to make mention of is that I get to spend the last five days of my good friend elder flake's mission with him. He goes home on Wednesday and we have been able to spend the last few days with him and its been awesome! but so many members giving us the "going home talk" and its awesome cause ill get to hear it in a few weeks as well :/ But it has been great spending these last few days with one of my good friends I have made out here.
Con Mucho Amor
Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment