2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, June 8, 2015

June 1, 2015



A week of gladness and sadness...

Before the letter, I think I will get home soon enough to be able to do all that stuff. so its fine, as long as I can get released before.  

This was a very interesting and long week. the first two days of the week were filled mostly with visiting members so my companion Elder Meloni could say his goodbyes. Tuesday night though we had a meeting with the stake presidency that we have every month. I like that meeting, its allot of talking and counseling on what we can do to move the work forward.

Wednesday is when I picked up Elder Hiatt. Our first day together we saw many blessings. We went out knocking doors and had success! It was nice to finally see some of that. One of the return appointments we got kinda happened because I attended the Catholic church 3 weeks ago. Its cool how getting out in the community like that softens peoples hearts. Then we were able to set up a return appointment with the Wilder family to come back and teach their friend who is moving down here. Then at dinner that night with the Carters we were able to talk to them about inviting one of their friends to come to their sons farewell on the 14th. hopefully he accepts. 

Then on Friday we had a Mission Leadership Council meeting for the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders. It was a great meeting but it was long! from 9-4. But it was alright because we got our Ipads! We get them early because were the ZL's. perks ;) they are really cool, they have these interactive pamphlets that you teach with that are just awesome! The cool part is we went strait from our meeting to an appointment we had with a potential. Besides 5 minuets we had in the car, it was the first time we had even seen the Pamphlet, but we went ahead and used it, and it went great! It is awesome to see how technology really helps. His name is David and he is great.

Then later that evening at about 7:30 we received a call from our mission mom telling us that 2 of our sisters had been in a horrible accident and that one of them had passed away. I did not personaly know either of them, but it hurt just to know two of my fellow servants had such a thing happen to them still hurt. I was relived at least a little to know it was not anyone in my Zone. That would of hurt much more to know that two people basically under my watch had that happen to them. We had everyone one in our Zone that evening get on a conference and we said a prayer and opened a fast for the 2 sisters and their families.

How much worse could this be if we did not have the understanding of the plan of salvation that we do? to just think it is the end of that person is the worst thing ever. But thanks be to God for his love and care for us in calling another Prophet in 1820 through whom he restored all this knowledge to the earth. I know the plan of salvation is real, that we can find comfort, even through the darkest moments of our lives thank to Christ's Atonement.

Las testifico estas cosas en el nobre de Jesucristo 
Elder Lamb      

No comments:

Post a Comment