2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

June 15, 2015



That's crazy that she had her farewell! I'm excited for her, she is
going to be a great missionary. I did go to the dentist that day, all
went well. It will be cool to hear Jacobs experiences. I wish I could
have had crazy stuff like that, but I guess that's just not what I
needed.

A new teaching method...

As you can imagine, my companion and I have started teaching in a
different way. We have been trying so hard to find ways to further the
work here. We are trying to find people that really want to hear the
message and DO something about it. This Tuesday we had dinner with our
ward mission leader and we discussed the work in the ward and what
might help it get going. He then started talking about at one point in
his mission they were teaching 45+ lessons a week! We asked him how
and he told us they would scheduled 10-15 minuet lessons with people
and would visit them every day. He explained more of how it worked and
what we could do. We felt that it was something we could try to
further the work in our area and find people that are really ready for
the message.

So we gave it a try. We did have a couple good lessons doing it, but
the part of getting back with them was the hard part. We knew from the
start that it would be difficult to get started and true that is! It
is going to take several weeks to get our days filled with
appointments. But thats just the thing that worry's me! I dont have
more than several weeks! All i want to do is get this area to
flourish! I just want it to be the example area that it is suppose to
be. AS the ZL's we are to be setting an example and right now its in
the struggle boat! But I know with this new teaching method, hard work
and faith this area will explode! I may not be here to see what comes
from it, but i will at least be able to be satisfied that I was able
to help get it to the point that it could produce fruit.

I had the opportunity to give a talk yesterday at a new elders
farewell. it was the first time I have ever wrote out my entire talk
and it will be the last! It was ok, but i did not like having it
written. Im just going to go back to my old way of bullet points and
just letting words come out of my mouth.

I know that this is a true work, I am so grateful I have been given
this time to serve with all my heart, might and mind. I would never
trade this time for anything. I am so excited that I still have a
whole 9 weeks to work my heart out, and I know with Gods help we will
be able to make this area incredible!

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment