2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, March 3, 2014

February 3, 2014



That is really cool to learn about Cain i always wondered that as well. So thank you for that explanation. I did write Parker back last week, so i hope that my email helped him. Its really awesome to hear that he went to church. You should stop by and check on Reagan and his family. I know his mom has been going back to the hospital allot.

The storm was crazy! we had heard that it was going to snow like 2 inches (which back home is nothing) but here it is literally the end of the world! We were having interviews with our mission Prez when it started. Nobody really cared except for them. So we rushed through them and then they left. We were told to end our district meeting and go home. So we did, and went to lunch first though. (cause we got nothing in our house) after that there was about .5 of an inch of snow. We took some other elders home. They lived about 1 mile away and it took us 30 minuets to drive that! we saw like two accidents just in that 1 mile!  After that we started our 4 mile drive back home. It was crazy! I was the one that was driving. Which was good because my comp is from Arizona and has not driven in the snow. But it took us 2.5 hours to get home! so we literally were going 2 miles an hour all the way home. We stayed in the apartment till later that night then went out with some other elders to go get dinner (cause we had to cancel ours) It was very well looked like the world was ending. No body was obeying traffic laws, traffic light had no effect, and no body could go anywhere cause there was so much ice! I have videos of it but dont know how to load those. There was so many people helping push cars but there were so many cars it did not really help. Also the cops had cables on there cars trying to push other cars up the really icy parts. The next day we could not do anything again. so we walked around. The abandoned cars were every were!! we ate at a dunkin doughnuts and we heard people talking about it. Apparently there was over 1200+ accidents in just one night, like 5 people died and a baby was born on the 82. also everyone was at wal mart buying everything they could like it was going to last forever. Just goes to show how important it is to be prepared.  

The rest of the week kinda stunk, my comp got sick AGAIN! so i went on exchanges with the kennesaw elders again. We stayed in my area though (so the whole zone) and went to allot of Hispanic places so that i could really use my Spanish. It was great fun. Then we went to our dinner and the wife there is so funny. Elder Denton of kennesaw said he was going to get married when he went home ( so he would be 24) And she just threw him down saying stuff like "you have to be at least 26 bla bla bla" all in Spanish so i had to translate for her and him ( which was allot of fun) but he could not get her to change her mind she said " You will remember me when you go home, get married and realize you had no fun in life" I was dieing all night. I may or may not of changed some of his sentences though ;) 

We some how did do decently. We had 10 investigators at church. The usual 6 and 4 new ones. It was there first time to church. We think they liked it, we hope. this week we hope will be good (just pray my comp gets better soon) Sitting in the apartment all day really stinks.

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Lamb 

P.s. I do have pictures and videos i just forgot my camera cord, so next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment