2 Nephi 22:2

2 Nephi 22:2

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Monday, March 3, 2014

November 24, 2013


Speaking of Christmas all i want is some Spanish stuff. Like a verb book and a regular word book that i can use to study. And you should start brushing up on Spanish because when i come home that is all we are talking in. I thought it would be a great way for both of us to use it. The people are mostly from mexico. we are in a really low Spanish area. we have to travel 40 minuets to get to the area that has allot of Hispanics. But our miles just don't lets us do that every day. but this is how this week went.

This week was great we really did have some miracles. like this, On Tuesday i was on exchange with the zone leader. He came to the Spanish area because he speaks Spanish. So it was up to me to determine where we would go. we always teach a English class on Tuesday night. this week was no different. after we had an appointment set up but the guy gave us a wrong number so i was like " crap what do we do? its to late to knock doors and i don't know anyone around here."  But then i remembered that a member a few days before told us we should visit the Pina family. I did however know where they lived and they were close so we went there. we knocked on the door and there daughter answered. she said her parents were not home so we were about to leave when i remembered that another family lived in the basement. So i decided we should go try them. we talked with the wife for a few minuets then right before we left i wanted to share a scripture i had learned at district meeting earlier that day. It was Alma 32: 27-28, about faith. after she said that it was exactly what she needed to hear. she had just had her 3rd miscarriage and was so mad at everything and how she had basically lost her faith. We were able to talk to her and help her rekindle her faith. I know that his whole thing had been set up by God. That member told us the "Pina family" because god knew that i knew who they were. had the member said the other family's name i would not of known where they lived. And i was the one to stay in the area that night because i had learned that scripture during a role play earlier that day and was eager to use it.( my companion was not in my role play group) So everything had been set up just perfect. the member telling us a family to visit, the district meeting, me staying in the area, us receiving the wrong number and the Pina family not being home. It all lead perfectly so that she could hear what she need to. 

I just want to testify that i know that we have all been placed at this points in our live because it is where we NEED to be. I have come to learn that NOTHING is by chance, but that everything has a plan. even down to the smallest thing. every trial, every success, every broken spirit and every act of faith was all planned from the beginning. Nothing that happens is with out purpose. We all have potential that is unseen and as long as we put our faith in god, though it will be hard. everything we do will be for our benefit. 
I used to think i would like my mission better if it was in English, But i was wrong. I have fallen in love with Spanish.The trial of learning it is what is making me depend on the lord that much more. I have to trust he will make up with the spirit what i cant say with words. Though learning it makes it that much harder, it makes it that much more rewarding. 

Always keep your head up and remember when you feel like you cant go any more just apply the following "Pedal"

Love 
Elder Lamb

P.S. ill send you this awesome poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment